Colorado based MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that has developed a novel food processing platform using gourmet fungi to transform agricultural products by improving taste, value and nutritional characteristics. MycoTechnology developed the world’s first organic bitter blocker, ClearTaste™, which directly removes the need for sugar in foods by blocking the perception of unwanted taste, including bitterness, astringency, and other flavor defects in various food products. The largest food companies around the world are looking to use the technology to reformulate products to be healthier for consumers. ClearTaste™ is 100% natural, GMO free, chemical free, and certified organic. MycoTechnology recently introduced PureTaste™, a high quality, neutral tasting, complete vegan protein, that has the nutritional profile unlike any other protein on the market. Its PureTaste™ production facility will open in Q4 2018, creating over 60 new career opportunities.
MycoTechnology is looking for a Production Supervisor – night shift, to lead the daily operations for our new manufacturing facility in Aurora, CO. The successful candidate will have the skills and experiences to lead the manufacturing operators assigned to their shift. Taking into consideration personnel safety, product quality and production throughput. A hard working, high-energy individual with an acumen for operations will be required to help bring this new facility online:
- Oversee the day to day floor operations carried out by the Manufacturing Operators, ensuring equipment start up and production throughput align with the master schedule
- Oversee employee training to ensure that staff is up to date with all current standard operating procedures
- Effectively and efficiently manages competing priorities ensuring that deadlines and commitments are maintained
- Write and develop standard operating procedures for new equipment
- Review process documentation in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with procedures
- Adherence to food safety and sanitization guidelines described by SOP and regulations
- The ability to stand on your feet, lift a minimum of 50lbs regularly, twist torso, crawl and climb throughout the shift
- A keen ability to recognize and report instances in which equipment or operations don’t progress as expected, informing Production Manager and working towards a resolution
- A Mechanical aptitude and ability to use hands and tools to operate production equipment, this includes an ability to troubleshoot unexpected equipment breakdowns and recommend solutions or make repairs.
- Maintain open lines of communication between employees, management and executives
- Maintaining manufacturing areas to identified standards of cleanliness and neatness; will involve sweeping, mopping floors, wiping down equipment, placing glassware and utensils in sterilizer, carrying away and appropriately disposing of trash.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate effectively with co-workers and act in concert with others to achieve tasks
- Ability to read and understand written English in SOPs and batch record, including an ability to write clearly and concisely
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; college course work in science highly desirable
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in food production and an aptitude for good documentation practices and cGMP production
- 3+ years-experience in a supervisor role
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, etc.)
- Reliable transportation to and from work and the ability to work weekends/holidays
- Must be willing to work night shift from 6:00pm to 6:30am
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening
- Ability to operate a fork truck
MycoTechnology is in the Denver metro area. We offer a competitive compensation package and a full benefits package that includes 401(k), paid vacation and paid holidays.