The Bulk Material Handling Technician is responsible for the front-end manufacturing processes. The position ensures all raw materials are prepped and staged for the fermentation process. Understands how to start, operate and monitor the utilities that support the manufacturing process. Is a support role for other areas within manufacturing.
Understand normal operating conditions, start-up, shut-down emergency procedures on all equipment in the BMH/Utilities area.
- Be able to handle chemicals in a safe manner. Understand cleaning applications for both clean in place (CIP) and clean out of place (COP).
- Identify all major equipment and safety components within the area of operation and understand how each piece of equipment works.
- Follow Standard Operating and Safety Procedures
- Operate sterilization and concentration equipment.
- Correctly use all calibrated instruments, record data and identify out-of-range results.
- Identify out-of-conformance conditions and notify supervision.
- Safely perform all duties as assigned by wearing the required PPE, respecting the described operating conditions, and following all safety precautions.
- Maintain a clean work area at all times.
- Responsible for cleaning other areas of a work site.
- Accurately weigh and introduce materials into the fermentation process.
- Follow sampling and testing methodology for all utility equipment as prescribed by the utility water quality provider.
- Understand and interpret utility testing results and react appropriately.
- Apply first in first out (FIFO) procedures when introducing raw materials into the process.
- Understand material movement in the bulk material handling area, including the use of transfer panels to move product.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Mechanical aptitude to realize when the bulk material handling equipment needs adjustments and/or maintenance.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications: Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong safety awareness and adherence to safety procedures and SOPs.
- Understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and written procedures.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to work with and influence people with different backgrounds and job functions.
- Ability to troubleshoot various operational conditions and recommend potential solutions.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Be productive and stay on task with little or no supervision.
The production schedule is a rotating (2 on/ 2 off/ 3 on) 12 hour shift (6-6:30).
This position is being hired as a floater position to help cover any gaps in scheduling. It may be assigned to night or day shift. Night shift has a $1.00 per hour shift differential.
About MycoTechnology, Inc:
Incorporated in 2013, MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that has developed a novel food processing platform using gourmet fungi to transform products by improving taste, value and nutritional characteristics. MycoTechnology developed the world’s first 100% natural, GMO free, chemical free, and certified organic bitter blocker, ClearTasteTM, which directly removes the need for sugar in foods by blocking the perception of unwanted taste, including bitterness, astringency, and other flavor defects in various food products. The largest food companies around the world are looking to use the technology to reformulate products to be healthier for consumers. MycoTechnology recently introduced PureTasteTM, a high quality, neutral tasting, complete vegan protein, that has the nutritional profile unlike any other protein on the market.
Posted: October 2020