Supply Chain Coordinator
Incorporated in 2013, Aurora, Colorado based MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that has developed a novel food processing platform using gourmet fungi to transform agricultural products by improving taste, value, and nutritional characteristics. MycoTechnology developed the world’s first organic bitter blocker, ClearTaste®, which directly removes the need for sugar in foods by blocking the perception of unwanted taste, including bitterness, astringency, and other flavor defects in various food products. The largest food companies around the world are looking to use the technology to reformulate products to be healthier for consumers. ClearTaste is 100% natural, GMO free, chemical free, and certified organic. MycoTechnology recently introduced PureTaste®, a high quality, neutral tasting, complete vegan protein that has a nutritional profile unlike any other plant based protein on the market. The PureTaste production facility opened in January 2019, creating over 60 new career opportunities.
We are looking for a motivated individual to be an integral part of the procurement/supply chain function in the achievement of operational objectives. With a strong, solid background in purchasing and supply chain management, the position will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendations, and implementing changes. The role is key to leading the company forward in securing quality suppliers of materials and components, covering price delivery, quality targets, and contributing towards the shaping of the business through the next phase of planned growth.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtains recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtains approval from requisitioning department.
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifies unclear items; develops purchasing strategies and recommends alternatives where appropriate.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitors and expedites orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers; reviews items to ensure product quality.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by entering receiving documentation.
- Helps manage and handle incoming receipts of goods and equipment.
- Monitors inventory items by physically verifying stock; schedules and delivers materials.
- Coordinates and fulfills all outgoing shipments.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes data and trends; creates and submits detailed reports.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes the company’s mission by performing and completing other tasks as directed.
- Vendor validation of payment terms and tax-exempt status. Upload of information in the vendor management database.
- Physical organization of the warehouses to manage finished products; raw materials’ spare parts, R&D materials and all other.
- Update procurement; inventory and logistics procedures.
- Assists Supply Chain Department in various projects and activities
- Maintains office appearance, safety, and security.
- Assists with overflow work from other departments as needed.
- Physical verification of inventory counts and systems. Support improvements to the inventory system.
Knowledge, Skill, & Experience
- Relevant degree preferred, but not required. (If no degree, equivalent amount of relevant experience required).
- 1 – 3 year of experience in logistics/supply chain industry.
- Experience using ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Planning & organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
MycoTechnology is located in Aurora, CO. We offer a competitive compensation package and a full benefits package that includes 401(k), paid vacation, paid holidays, Eco Pass, on-site gym, and company paid meals.
Posted: July 11, 2019