Supply Chain Manager
Incorporated in 2013, Aurora, Colorado based MycoTechnology, Inc. is a food technology company that has developed a novel food processing platform using gourmet fungi to transform agricultural products by improving taste, value, and nutritional characteristics. MycoTechnology developed the world’s first organic bitter blocker, ClearTaste®, which directly removes the need for sugar in foods by blocking the perception of unwanted taste, including bitterness, astringency, and other flavor defects in various food products. The largest food companies around the world are looking to use the technology to reformulate products to be healthier for consumers. ClearTaste is 100% natural, GMO free, chemical free, and certified organic. MycoTechnology recently introduced PureTaste®, a high quality, neutral tasting, complete vegan protein that has a nutritional profile unlike any other plant based protein on the market. The PureTaste production facility opened in January 2019, creating over 60 new career opportunities.
This position will lead the forecasting, planning, purchasing, and shipping & receiving teams along with distribution of products to customers. The job will require collaboration with Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, and Finance functions to optimize product cost structure and inventory management, in addition to continuously improving forecast accuracy and customer service. This position will report to the COO.
- Responsible for the overall finished goods planning and scheduling of domestic/international customer shipments, implementing lean concepts throughout the supply chain. Lead Procurement of Goods & Services for the Company, ensuring that quality materials are purchased on a timely basis, in appropriate quantities, and at fair prices.
- Fosters cooperation and effective communications between the supply chain group and the balance of the organization as a business partner.
- Leads the shipping & receiving operations area which may include accuracy and quality of materials and goods; validating materials against vendors’ invoices, bills of lading, customer orders; ensuring record keeping of damaged or defective items, records such as time, date, quantity, source, or destination of materials received or shipped.
- Develops and implements effective and cost-effective material and inventory reduction targets that deliver bottom line financial results while ensuring product delivers to meet company customer fulfillment goals.
- Responsible for vendor and supplier management including engaging in contract negotiations, development of contracts with domestic and global suppliers, including the successful management of these relationships and contract terms, monitoring vendor/supplier performance and resolving issues.
- Implementation of a range of techniques for cost reduction to meet company strategic and financial goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Procurement preferred.
- 6-8 years experience in related areas of purchasing, planning, forecasting, shipping & receiving, manufacturing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- High level of knowledge and understanding of the entire Supply Chain process, including Procurement, Shipping & Receiving, and Customer Service.
- Previous experience in international sourcing and shipping of goods preferred.
- Previous experience leading and mentoring a team preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and how to establish ownership of a Procure to Pay (P2P) process for procurement.
- Proven experience in planning, budgeting, analytics, and decision making.
- Ability to operate independently, identify alternative course of action, while making timely decisions.
- Proficient Microsoft Office suite skills required.
- Excellent level of communication and interpersonal skills required written and oral communication, including an executive level audience.
MycoTechnology is located in Aurora, CO. We offer a competitive compensation package and a full benefits package that includes 401(k), paid vacation, paid holidays, Eco Pass, onsite gym, and company paid meals.
Posted: July 2019